Saturday 12 July 2014

it's beginning to feel real!

Well we are now 32 day out from departing for Saudi , and things are a little insane to say the least!    We officially sold the house 3 days ago , celebrate . After having 20 showings in 14 days we were done and needed to being the process of "packing". I use the term packing very loosely , as we have packers and movers who come and physical put thing in boxes and crates to get them there.  We are cataloging everything as per company rules , ugh  I'm sure this is the beginning of things that i don't understand but have to smile and do it anyways :) So just imagine....going through everything you own down to the last sock/cup/ fork ...I mean everything ! Decide if it going to move to your new home via Boat which takes 2-3 months , air which takes 2-3 weeks or on the airplane with you!! AND in the next 32 days you are going to Saskatchewan  , Turks and Cacaos and Edmonton!! I think my family is going to wear the same clothes for the next 50 days:) meh First world problem!!
Speaking of first world problems ! I'm discovering the things that  I need to take with me  may just fall under the second world category!! So my fellow female friends if you were going to move would you think that you would need take a years supply of personal feminine product? Well moving to Saudi apparently that I something you need to think about! seriously ..what am i getting in to here . I am trying to think of this as a chance for our family to really learn the meaning /value of "things". As we are getting rid of so many "things " that I swore we could not live with out  , I am beginning to realize that it's just stuff and it doesn't shape or change me as a person or who  am .  My kids are no better if they have 4 types of felts or all of their lego  , or disney toys with them , and no I do not need 5 types of hair product! I guess this is just one of the many life lessons we are going to have in front of us.  
On a lighter note   , Dear all my mormon food storage friends :  when you are stocking up on your food supply and you think " I know i don't eat this way now but if the world is ending I will start" It's so not true!!! I have been working on building my food storage for 10 years now stocking up on pasta and cereal all these things that I thought no problem food is food! Well I was wrong ! Being as we can not take food with us  , we have been trying to clear out all of the stuff. NOT FUN!!!  Because what i realize now is that the world may not end for you to eat your food storage it may just be in transition  when you need it. Life lesson 2: if you don't like it now you won't like/eat it then!!!
Well with that  I will end in saying I think this is really happening , as soon as the sold sticker went up it was real. It feels like every step we take we are making it more and more concrete , for so long this was just an "idea"  , or something you tell people for shock value.  On tuesday I closed my business that I loved so much!And the day after it was official Brandt took down my sink and i sold most of my hair stuff:( this week we are selling Brandt's car , motorcycling (sniff) All more things that make this more real! On to the next chapter with us !         #Blessings

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for your fun adventure. I can't wait to hear all about how things are different there. Are you packing supplies of hair product as well? I have no idea what things you can buy there vs bring with you.

    ReplyDelete